AMD FirePro™ S9170 Server GPU Offers Unmatched Onboard Memory to Support Large Dataset Computations
Manila, Philippines — July 9, 2015 AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced the new AMD FirePro™ S9170 server GPU, the world’s first and fastest 32GB single-GPU server card for DGEMM heavy double-precision workloads1, with support for OpenCL™ 2.0. Based on the second-generation AMD Graphics Core Next (GCN) GPU architecture, this new addition to the AMD FirePro™ server GPU family is capable of delivering up to 5.24 TFLOPS of peak single precision compute performance while enabling full throughput double precision performance, providing up to 2.62 TFLOPS of peak double precision performance.
Designed with compute-intensive workflows in mind, the AMD FirePro S9170 server GPU is ideal for data center managers who oversee clusters within academic or government bodies, oil and gas industries, or deep neural network compute cluster development.
“AMD is recognized as an HPC industry innovator as the graphics provider with the top spot on the November 2014 Green500 List. Today the best GPU for compute just got better with the introduction of the AMD FirePro S9170 server GPU to complement AMD’s impressive array of server graphics offerings for high performance compute environments,” said Sean Burke, corporate vice president and general manager, AMD Professional Graphics group. “The AMD FirePro S9170 server GPU can accelerate complex workloads in scientific computing, data analytics, or seismic processing, wielding an industry-leading 32GB of memory. We designed the new offering for supercomputers to achieve massive compute performance while maximizing available power budgets.”
The AMD FirePro S9170 offers unparalleled GPU compute performance and power efficiency with the following benefits:
- With up to 2.62 TFLOPS of peak double precision performance, the AMD FirePro S9170 is the fastest single-GPU server card available for DGEMM heavy workloads, delivering up to 40% more performance than the competitive solution;
- Support for 40% better double precision performance, while using 10% less power than the competition2;
- The AMD FirePro S9170 is the industry’s first server GPU with 32GB ultra-fast GDDR5 on-board memory and features a 512-bit memory interface for 320 GB/s of memory bandwidth;
- Equipped with 32GB of GDDR5 memory, the AMD FirePro S9170 GPU can accelerate memory-intensive applications and process larger and more computationally complex workloads with ease; and
- The AMD FirePro S9170 GPU features 33% more memory than the competitive GPU, helping to improve overall workload speed and system responsiveness, especially when working with large amounts of data3.
To address future needs for HPC development, AMD FirePro™ S9170 server GPU supports the latest version of OpenCL™ while ready for the OpenMP and OpenACC developer tools with planned availability in Q3 2015.
AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) designs and integrates technology that powers millions of intelligent devices, including personal computers, tablets, game consoles and cloud servers that define the new era of surround computing. AMD solutions enable people everywhere to realize the full potential of their favorite devices and applications to push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information, visit www.amd.com.