New processor, new capabilities makes this a small but powerful motherboard
May 16, 2016, Taipei, Taiwan – BIOSTAR proudly announces its small yet powerful motherboard from the new motherboard featuring integrated Intel Braswell Refresh SoC processors. Featuring the new Celeron J3160 quad-core processor which has clock speeds of 1.6Ghz and has a Turbo clock up to 2.24Ghz, this little machine can deliver unprecedented performance from a SoC-based system. To help improve performance, support for DDR3L-1600 DIMM modules is now possible with a maximum supported capacity of 16GB per slot giving the BIOSTAR J3160MD great memory flexibility.
The latest generation Intel HD graphics is baked into the new BIOSTAR J3160MD featuring peformance improvements over last-gen Intel IGPs. This gives the board excellent performance and support to play 4K UltraHD content and deliver a stunning multimedia experience from a small package.
- 14nm Processor – Intel’s die-shrink allows the new Braswell Refresh SoC processors to operate with less current while improving performance and allows more clock rate headroom for frequency increases on lower workloads when necessary along with the other technical advantages brought on by the die-size reduction.
- Improved HD Graphics – An improved Intel HD Graphics GPU will be baked into the new SoCs which improves performance for multimedia tasks such as watching HD videos and better desktop graphics for productivity allowing for a richer experience with an increase in execution units to handle today’s more demanding visual processing.
- More Memory Bandwidth – Native support for DDR3L-1600 allows the new Braswell Refresh SoCs to access memory at a faster rate for improved system responsiveness. This changes results in up to 40% power savings and double graphics performance. There is also 20% more memory bandwidth in the new DDR3L-1600 versus the old DDR3L-1333, plus twice the speed for storage against the older SoCs.
Support for DVI and USB3.0
The BIOSTAR J3160MD supports both VGA and DVI display output. DVI is a digital output connector that allows 1:1 pixel data to be transferred from your system to the panel for a clearer and more optimal display connection. USB3.0 allows faster connectivity to modern components and peripherals with support for up to 5Gbps bandwidth and is fully compatible with older USB2.0 devices.
- For more information, please see product page: LINK
- Read more about BIOSTAR Braswell Refresh lineup: LINK
- For latest updates and giveaways, like us on Facebook: LINK
BIOSTAR, is a brand dedicated to the production of motherboards, graphics cards, industrial computing systems, IOT, and healthcare solution. Since its establishment in 1986, the BIOSTAR GROUP has become a major motherboard supplier in the IT industry as well as in IOT, Internet Of Things. In order to pursue the best quality and aesthetic design, BIOSTAR has invested heavily in ID design, equipment, global marketing research as well as R & D. With a constant emphasis on quality, BIOSTAR always seeks to beyond better and race to the future. Visit the new BIOSTAR website at: https://www.biostar.com.twPRESS RELEASE