Did you know that there are people who’ve actually come up with names for their phones? You have Rambo for anyone who’s into macho phones, Jazzy Fruit for the most pimped phones, and daisy, for a beautiful and decorated phone.
Taking care of a phone is no easy thing. Back in the day, you might have easily hacked a few issues here and there without any help. But not when you have advanced iPhones, Blackberries, and what a view. Having prior knowledge on how to fix the most common phone problems can greatly help to save you a buck and also, enhance your phone’s longevity. Below are a few easy tips for fixing your phone by yourself.
Step One: Determine Your Type Of Phone
As mentioned earlier, there are types of phones that are easy to fix even when dealing with serious phone issues. The same cannot be said about phones with complicated motherboards and complex working systems. There are DIY phone repair solutions from credible and trusted sites and as mentioned at https://www.netchimp.co.uk/, you’ll first need to specify your particular phone.
Whether it’s unlocking an iPhone, enhancing storage space, downloading a self-repair app, or dealing with a wet phone, the thing is, it could be that you are dealing with an expensive phone, so do not be alarmed if there’s an issue with your phone.
Step 2: Choose Your Tools Wisely
The next step that you need to take is to choose your tools wisely. Mobile phone repair is a complicated affair. There’s a wide variety of mobile tools and all with specific uses. Depending on the brand of phone, you’ll need to be keen on the specific problem that you are dealing with. Among the most common phone repair tools and equipment include:
- Soldering iron and soldering wire
- A stand
- A multi-meter
- A working station
- A magnifier
- A blower
- A magnifying lamp
Step 3: Find The Problem
Troubleshooting phone problems is amongst the hardest things a person can do. One morning you wake up and your phone is not functioning properly. What do you do? Do you consult an expert or DIY? You might ask. These are critical questions whenever faced with a phone repair issue. The easiest way to trace a phone problem is by remembering the last time you used it. It could be that the phone fell in the water, got a cracked screen after falling, or that you downloaded an app that left you with malware.
Step 4: Seek Help
It’s never too late to ask for help, especially if you are a beginner at fixing your own phone. An unresponsive phone can be a tough nut to crack. Do not attempt any phone repairs if you don’t have the experience, tools, or know-how. There are people out there who are experienced and willing to take on the job but, at a cost. Below are ways to find the best repair serviceman:
- Quality of repair – It’s critical that you find a phone repair shop that will provide you with quality services. It’s not just about the services but also, the quality of the spares used. this will be an important aspect as it will help ensure the longevity of your phone
- Warranty – Before leaving the repair shop, ensure that they’ll grant you a warranty for the work done. you also need to ask for a warrant on the repair parts used on your phone
- The cost of repair – Depending on your type of phone, it can either be expensive or cheap to repair. Get an accurate cost evaluation to help minimize extra expenses. One thing to note is that there are also specific parts that can be costly. n=be sure that you have the right values that match with your budget
- Time – If you are using just one phone, then you’ll not want to dilly dally as it could cost you valuable clients and money down the line. Ensure that you have a repair shop that can handle your queries pronto!
- Delivery services – This is not an immediate consideration when choosing a phone repair shop. But wouldn’t it be nice if they could deliver your phone after the repairs are done right at your doorstep?
The above are tips that can greatly help when restoring a broken phone. Do not panic as there are solutions that are aimed at fixing even the toughest of phone issues. Whether it will be at a cost or a DIY project, restoring a broken phone on your own can help to increase your know-how and at the same time, save you some bucks.