The annual RIG Modding Competition Goes to SMX once again as MSI’s RIG modding competion, in cooperation with Aerocool, and Plextor will participate at the much awaited Electronic Sports & Gaming Summit this coming November 15-16th, 2014 at the SMX Convention Center, SM Mall of Asia.
Gamers, PC Enthusiasts, modders, overclockers, and just about everyone who loves PCs are able to participate at the event. Further details could be found below courtesy of MSI Philippines Facebook Fan Page:
The preliminary selection will run from October 16 to October 31, 2014. During this period, we will require the following to be submitted through email:
- Your Name, Contact number(s), email
- Rig Name
- At least 3 pictures of your rig covering the most important angles. At least 800×600 resolution.
- 1 pic of the owner (you) posing with your rig. No extra points for creative poses!
- Specification list of your rig covering the following:
- Power Supply
In your email, please use this example:
- John Smith
- [email protected]
- “The Lone Ranger”
- Intel Core i5 750
- MSI Z97 Mpower Pro
- MSI GTX 770 Lightning
- Elite 16GB DDR3 2400
- Plextor 256GB M5Pro SSD
- Aerocool KCAS 1100W
- Aerocool Strike X GT
- Prolimatech Tower CPU Cooler
Submit these details to [email protected]
- Judging will be based on the following principles:
- 20% – Design and Theme implementation
- Uniformity / design flow
- 15% – Neatness and cable management
- Sleeved and hidden cables, overall neat look
- 15% – Complexity / technicality of mod
- Layout, how components are arranged
- 15% – Originality and innovativeness
- Uniqueness and smart solutions to design
- • 15% – Form and function
- Every modification has a reason
- • 20% – Overall look and “wow” factor
- One single design theme and “wow”
- +5% for MSI motherboard used (Bonus points)
- Add 5 points if an MSI board is used
- +5% for MSI videocard used (Bonus points)
- Add 5 points if an MSI videocard is used
Terms and Conditions:
- Deadline for submission of the above requirements is October 31, 2014, 11:59PM.
- One submission per participant only
- Submissions that pass the preliminary selection will be notified 3 days after the deadline.
- We reserve the right to assign “reserve” participants for the event proper; these participants may or may not be called up to attend the event and will be notified as early as possible pending any absentations or unavoidable circumstances.
- We encourage our participants to prep their rigs for LAN gaming while displaying your rigs. The organizers will only be providing monitors, mice, keyboards and LAN connection.
- Bring your own power cables, video connectors and other peripherals that you think you might need – and please label them properly to avoid loss.
- This is a 2-day event; your rigs will be left on the premises overnight. Neither MSI nor any of its affiliations will be held responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged equipment of the participants. Rest assured however that we will have extra security to help avoid any untoward losses.
- Further details about the on-site event at ESGS will be sent to preliminary winners as needed.