SINGAPORE—vForum—Nov. 4, 2015—NVIDIA today announced general availability of NVIDIA® GRID™ 2.0 in Southeast Asia. The performance, efficiency and flexibility improvements in the latest release of NVIDIA GRID mean enterprise businesses around the globe can now deliver even the most graphics-intensive applications to any connected device virtually.
The ability to virtualise enterprise workflows from the data centre has not been possible until now due to low performance, poor user experience, and limited server and application support.
NVIDIA GRID 2.0 integrates the GPU into the data centre and removes these barriers by offering:
- Double user density: NVIDIA GRID 2.0 doubles user density over the previous version, allowing up to 128 users per server. This enables enterprises to scale more cost effectively, expanding service to more employees at a lower cost per user.
- Double application performance: Using the latest version of NVIDIA’s award-winning Maxwell™ GPU architecture, NVIDIA GRID 2.0 delivers twice the application performance as before – exceeding the performance of many native clients.
- Double server option: Enterprises can now run GRID-enabled virtual desktops on blade servers, not just rack servers, from leading blade server providers.
- Double OS: No longer limited to the Windows operating system, NVIDIA GRID 2.0 now enables enterprises in industries that depend on Linux applications and workflows to take advantage of graphics-accelerated virtualisation.
GRID 2.0 already enjoys support from industry leaders in Southeast Asia, including value-added distributors such as Avnet Technology Solutions, and system integrator value-added resellers such as Jardine One Solution and Asiasoft, which can integrate total solutions (servers, client and storage) to potential customers. Plus, all the major OEMs, including Dell, HP, Cisco and Lenovo, and the leading virtualisation solution providers, VMware and Citrix, have integrated GRID 2.0.
“We see tremendous opportunity for graphics-accelerated virtual desktops in businesses such as manufacturing, oil and gas, government, and higher education across Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand,” said Ivy Rayner, Senior Director Enterprise Business, Asia Pacific South, Worldwide Field Operations, NVIDIA.
Users are encouraged to experience NVIDIA GRID for themselves through the NVIDIA GRID Test Drive. It gives users instant access to hours of NVIDIA GRID vGPU acceleration on a Windows desktop with 2D and 3D applications such as:
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS
- Esri ArcGIS Pro
- Siemens NX Enterprises can learn more about NVIDIA GRID 2.0, which is available now, sign up for a 90-day evaluation or buy it.
Since 1993, NVIDIA (NASDAQ: NVDA) has pioneered the art and science of visual computing. The company’s technologies are transforming a world of displays into a world of interactive discovery — for everyone from gamers to scientists, and consumers to enterprise customers. More information at http://nvidianews.nvidia.com/ and http://blogs.nvidia.com/