Synology Inc. today announced its newest 12-bay NAS units, the Synology DiskStation DS3622xs+ and DS2422+, as well as the DX1222 companion expansion unit.
The company’s two biggest desktop form factor products boast computing power to match their storage potential.
“The DS3622xs+ and DS2422+ serve a very diverse market of businesses and creatives who need ample amounts of secure and fast storage, without deploying a rackmount server and the associated costs,” said Peggy Weng, Product Manager for Synology Inc. “They stretch what is possible in a tower form factor to provide an excellent solution for all types of power uses.”
All-round performance improvement
The DS2422+ offers reliable mass storage and efficient data protection for a wide range of scenarios. Expandable to 24 bays, the DS2422+ is perfect for serving and protecting large data sets in multi-user environments. A new processor gives it an impressive edge over its predecessor.1
Dependable 2,200/1,300 MB/s sequential read/write speeds, plenty of storage options, and cost-effective deployment make it an ideal choice for small and medium-sized businesses looking to manage and back up their data assets more productively.
A step up in capabilities, the DS3622xs+ boasts processing and ample built-in connectivity to support heavy duty applications, including as networked surveillance or backup server, or storage for virtual machine storage and direct video editing. The high-performance unit delivers over 260,000 4K random read IOPS and 4,700/2,400 MB/s sequential read/write speeds, making it a true storage powerhouse.1
“The impressive storage performance of the DS3622xs+ is ideal for businesses that need heavy-duty storage for I/O-intensive and multi-user workloads,” said Michael Wang, Product Manager at Synology Inc. “Its robust built-in data protection tools and intuitive storage management help users get started with reliably managing their data.”
Powerful features with room to grow
Equipped with dual 10GbE RJ-45 ports and three Gigabit ports, the DS3622xs+ delivers fast networking and out-of-band management (OOB) management right out of the box while supporting integration with Fibre Channel SAN.2 The DS2422+ integrates easily with existing IT infrastructure thanks to four Gigabit RJ-45 ports. Both units allow for expansion with 10/25GbE network interface cards.3 NVMe SSD cache can added through M.2 NVMe SSD adapter cards to boost random I/O performance for hot data.4 Combination cards allow 10GbE connectivity and SSD cache to be added through a single PCIe 3.0 slot.
The DS3622xs+ and DS2422+ are both built for DSM 7.0, the latest version of Synology’s DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system, with more powerful data and storage management tools.
Both the DS3622xs+ and DS2422+ are designed to optimally work with Synology enterprise drives. The HAT5300 3.5″ SATA HDD and SAT5200 2.5″ SATA SSD are engineered specially to provide class-leading performance and DSM integration for enhanced monitoring and maintenance capabilities.
Storage capacity can easily be doubled or tripled by connecting up to two5 12-bay DX1222 expansion units. Managing storage expansion is made simple with Synology DSM, which minimizes service disruptions during expansion.
|CPU||6-core Intel® Xeon®||4-core AMD Ryzen™|
|Memory||16 GB DDR4 ECC
(expandable to 48 GB)
|4 GB DDR4 ECC
(expandable to 32 GB)
|Drive bays internal/max||12/366||12/247|
|Random read/write IOPS1||260k/97k||124k/52k|
|Seq. read/write throughput1||4,700/2,400 MB/s||2,200/1,300 MB/s|
|Network interface||3 x 1GbE RJ-45
2 x 10GbE RJ-45
|4 x 1GbE RJ-45|
|Add-in cards3||10/25GbE NICs/Synology
M.2 add-in cards/Fibre Channel host bus adapters
M.2 add-in cards
|Max. no. of IP cameras||90||40|
|Warranty8||5 years||3 years
(extendable to 5 in select regions)
All three units are now available from Synology resellers and partners.
- Performance figures are obtained through internal testing by Synology. Actual performance may vary depending on the testing environment, usage, and configuration. See the performance charts for more information.
- Fibre Channel support can be enabled with a compatible PCIe FC host bus adapter. For the most up-to-date list of compatible HBAs, please check our compatibility list.
- Compatible NICs include the E10G21-F2, E10G18-T2, E10G18-T1, and E25G21-F2. For the latest compatible devices, check the compatibility list.
- SSD cache can be enabled by using Synology SAT5200 2.5″ SSDs or without occupying drive bays by installing Synology SNV3400/SNV3500 NVMe SSDs using M2D20 or E10M20-T1 adapter cards, sold separately.
- Only for the DS3622xs+. The DS2422+ only supports a single DX1222 expansion unit.
- With two 12-bay Synology DX1222 expansion units.
- With one 12-bay Synology DX1222 expansion units.
- The warranty period starts from the date of purchase as stated on your purchase receipt. Read more here.