Unlike usual board games that often rely on luck, trivia games can be a great way to test your knowledge in competition with family and friends. Most trivia games are difficult to play and there is a good reason for that. Trivia games have questions that are usually outdated and it makes it impossible to play with a group where people vary in terms of age and background.
However, if you buy a trivia game that is too easy then you will not enjoy playing it. Hence, finding a good trivia board game can be quite challenging and this is what we are here to help you with. We are here to share with you the best history trivia board games currently available on the market.
- Smart Ass – If you are looking for the rowdy type party games then this is the one. This game is made by University games, the game itself is quite fast-paced so that the players do not have to wait for their turn to yell out the answers or anything. This game is designed for 2 to 6 players and is perfect for teens and adults as you can guess from its name.
It comes with a board, 6 pieces, more than 350 question cards, dices, and instructions. Each participant will get a turn to roll the dice and pick up a question card where a hint will be provided and the first one to yell out the answer wins the round.
- Trivial Pursuit – Making a top trivia board games list and not mentioning Trivial pursuit in it would be impossible. This game is classic and perfect for anyone who wants to put their brainpower to test. Over the years, various versions of this game have been made to suit everyone’s specific franchises.
This game is perfect for 2 to 6 players at the same time. In order to win, one needs to move around a board and answer questions in order to fill the board pieces with 6 colored triangles. If you are able to fill your piece and answer the question in the center correctly, you win.
- The Runner-Up – This is a great trivia game for 2 or more players. The game comes with riddles, brainteasers, sequence texts which takes everything to a whole new level. There are more than 1000 questions on different categories, such as history, Hollywood, pop culture, geography, etc. If you manage to answer enough questions to make it to the center of the board before anyone else, then you win.
- Phone Phever Trivia board game – This is a hilarious family trivia game where all that matters is your phone is smarter than you. The game comes with 6 different trivia genres and is full of fun facts, fictional questions that anyone would love. The game has more than 1000 questions and challenges based on different categories such as Hollywood, TV, Music, Politics, and many more.
- Linkee – If you are a little bored with the usual question and answer format of trivia games, then you can try Linkee for a change. This game has changed things a little bit to make it different than usual trivial games.
Instead of just answering questions, players need to race against each other to find a connection between the question and then find the answer. You can play this game with up to 30 people and is perfect for anyone aged more than 14 years.
There you go, these are the top 5 best trivia board games of all time. Make sure to learn more about them and get whichever interests you the most. Good luck!