7mm SSD for Easy Upgrade Your Ultrabook
SP/Silicon Power, the world’s leading provider of memory storage solutions launches the new Slim S57 7mm 2.5” SSD for the new generation of ultra slim notebook. Built in a slim and stylish enclosure, the new SSD unleashes the full potential of the 6Gbps SATA III interface and the “SLC Cache Technology” to further expand computing experiences and mobility.
Unlike the standard 9.5mm SSD, SP Slim series features a new slim 7mm form factor for easy integration into the latest mobile computing platforms. Presented in a metal body, the slim series SSD perfectly complements Ultrabook in design, and its impressive transfer rates make it the ideal SSD upgrade solution. Powered by the latest technology, SP S57 can significantly reduce boot time and provide higher reliable performance and quality.
Powered by Marvell controller, the S57 is that delivers impressive operation speeds and greater function performance. It provides the lag-free experience with features of quick boot-up, fast data transmission speed, smooth video watching and effective system operation. Also, the S57 especially applies the”SLC Cache technology”, which adopts the new caching architecture that combines both SLC and TLC flash blocks. The implementation of such technology enables all data to be written in the SLC portion first and then sequentially copied to TLC, therefore leading to higher peak writing performance.
SP Slim series SSD is one of the lightest and thinnest SSD of its kind yet it is shock- and vibration-proof since it contains no moving parts. Furthermore, S.M.A.R.T. monitoring system and ECC technology are built to promise higher data transmission safety. Now it provide SP ToolBox free-download software to provides multiple ways for users to obtain disk information, and to change settings easily. Slim S57 is now available in 120GB, and 240GB and is backed by a three year warranty.
Slim S57 Product Feature:
- Adopt TLC NAND flash and the “SLC Cache Technology” to improve overall performance
- Equipped with Marvell controller for better endurance and stability.
- 15 times faster than a standard 5400 RPM HDD
- *Based on “out-of-box performance” using a SATA Revision 3.0 motherboard. Performance result may vary, depending on system platform, software, interface and capacity.
- 7mm slim design suitable for ultrabooks and ultra-slim notebooks
- Support TRIM command and Garbage Collection technology
- NCQ and RAID ready
- Implemented with ECC technology to guarantee reliable data transmission
- Built-in with S.M.A.R.T. monitoring system
- Low power consumprion, shock and vibration-proof, no noise and low latency
- Free-download SP ToolBox software provides multiple ways for users to obtain disk information such as view S.M.A.R.T. status, wear out count, block information and diagnostic scan.
Slim S57 Product Specification:
- Capacity: 120GB/240GB (TLC)
- Dimensions: 100mm x 69.85mm x 7mm
- MTBF: 1,500,000 hours
- Performance Write (max.)
ATTO : 240GB-410MB/s ; 120GB-380MB/s
CDM : 240GB-400MB/s ; 120GB-370MB/s
- Weight: 41~60g
- Vibration Resistance Test: 20G
- Shock Resistance Test: 1500G Max
- Warranty: 3 years