In today’s data centers and heavy computing environments, SSDs are becoming the norm. It has to be, since SSDs aren’t just for consumers – they are also perfect for businesses where reliability and advanced data protection is a must together with blazing fast access speeds. Kingston had enterprise SSD solutions years ago, and the KC400 SSD is an update to their growing line of enterprise products – featuring enhanced data protection especially when there’s a black out or error have been found – able to retrieve them without user intervention via its Phison PS3110-S10 Controller.
The drives are available in 128 GB, 256 GB, 512 GB, and 1 TB models featuring a MTBF (Mean Time Between Failure) rate at 1 Million Hours so your business is pretty much covered. To learn more about the KC400 SSD, check out the PR below.
Kingston Releases Enterprise Client SSD with Fast, Reliable Performance
Kingston, the independent world leader in memory products, today announced KC400 solid-state drive, the newest addition to its SSDNow family. Designed for enterprise client workloads, KC400 SSD is 15-times faster* than a hard-disk drive delivering consistent performance for both compressible and incompressible data, and improved responsiveness in performance-hungry applications.
KC400 SSD provides end-to-end data path protection and SmartECC™ to guard data plus SmartRefresh™ to protect against read errors. Data is rebuilt if there’s an error, and the drive is able to recover from an unexpected power shutdown, via firmware-controlled power loss management. The drive provides excellent data reliability due to the highly advanced Phison PS3110-S10 eight-channel controller and quad-core processor. KC400 is available in 128GB, 256GB, 512GB and 1TB capacities2.
“Our latest drive is designed to help business and power users speed up daily tasks and improve productivity,” said Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston. “Corporate customers should have full confidence in deploying the high-performance KC400 SSD in the workplace with all of the safeguards in place to combat unforeseen data loss.”
To further help companies and organizations out, Kingston offers industry-leading sales support through its Ask an Expert program. It also offers the Kingston SSD Manager, a free, downloadable toolbox to monitor drive health, status and disk usage.
KC400 SSD is backed by a limited five-year warranty1, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information, visit www.kingston.com.
KC400 SSD Features & Specifications:
- Form factor: 2.5″
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0 (3Gb/s)
- Capacities2: 128GB, 256GB, 512GB and 1TB
- Controller: Phison PS3110-S10
- Power Consumption: 0.255 W Idle / 0.335 W Avg. / 1.22 W (MAX) Read / 3.74 W (MAX) Write
- Storage temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Operating temperature: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Dimensions: 69.9mm x 100.1mm x 7.0mm
- Weight: 60g
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- MTBF: 1 million hours
- Warranty/support: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support1
Sequential Read/Write 3: SATA Rev. 3.0
- 128GB – up to: 550/450MB/s
- 256GB – up to: 550/540MB/s
- 512GB – up to: 550/530MB/s
- 1TB – up to: 550/530MB/s
Maximum 4k Read/Write3:
- 128GB – up to 99,000/87,000 IOPS
- 256GB – up to 99,000/88,000 IOPS
- 512GB – up to 99,000/86,000 IOPS
- 1TB – up to 99,000/89,000 IOPS
Random 4k Read/Write3:
- 128GB – up to 88,000/87,000 IOPS
- 256GB – up to 88,000/89,000 IOPS
- 512GB – up to 86,000/88,000 IOPS
- 1TB – up to 86,000/89,000 IOPS
PCMARK® Vantage HDD Suite Score: 84,000
Enterprise S.M.A.R.T. Tools: reliability tracking, usage statistics, life remaining, wear leveling, temperature
Total Bytes Written (TBW)4:
- 128GB − 150TB and 0.65 DWPD
- 256GB − 300TB or 0.65 DWPD
- 512GB − 800TB or 0.87 DWPD
- 1TB − 1600TB or 0.89 DWPD