AMD Launches FirePRO W4300 for CAD for Both Small Form Factor and Tower Workstations
Manila, Philippines — December 10, 2015 Recently at Autodesk University 2015, AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) unveiled the AMD FirePro™ W4300 for the best Computer-Aided Design (CAD) performance that fits both small form factor (SFF) and tower workstations.1 The AMD FirePro W4300 card expertly integrates a powerful GPU and 4GB of GDDR5 memory within a low-profile design for installation in SFF as well as full-sized systems. Organizations can now confidently simplify their IT management by standardizing on a single, capable professional graphics solution throughout their workstation deployment.
The AMD FirePro W4300 professional graphics card is optimized for the latest CAD applications including Autodesk® AutoCAD, Inventor as well as Revit®, Dassault Systèmes SOLIDWORKS® and CATIA®, PTC Creo®, Siemens NX™, and many more. Engineering professionals can efficiently work with large geometry-intense models and apply GPU-accelerated features in their projects, such as the new Order Independent Transparency (OIT) mode supported in SOLIDWORKS. Users can help increase productivity by visualizing their workflows across up to six displays2, and up to 4K and 5K resolution.
“We designed the AMD FirePro W4300 specifically for CAD,” said Sean Burke, corporate vice president and general manager, Radeon Technologies Group, AMD. “CAD users rely on AMD FirePro graphics cards to enable their application features to best visualize their designs, and now can continue to do so without having to compromise by using the latest energy efficient, small form factor workstations.”
Based on AMD Graphics Core Next (GCN) architecture to optimize utilization and maximize performance, the AMD FirePro W4300 card features:
- 4GB GDDR5 GPU memory for large projects helping to improve workflow application responsiveness.
- AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology2 that allows the use of up to six ultra-high resolution displays, helping users to multitask across multiple applications and displays with ease.
- Four DisplayPort 1.2a connections standard (with support for up to six DisplayPort monitors via MST-enabled hub) and AMD FreeSync™ technology3 that enables GPU control of the display refresh rate for tear-free display updates, critical for media and entertainment applications and workflows.
- OpenCL™ 2.0 support enabling developers to take advantage of new features that give GPUs more freedom to do the work they are designed to do.
- Unique power monitoring and management technologies plus the maximum power consumption of 50W in a low-profile form factor. AMD PowerTune technology4 dynamically optimizes GPU power usage and AMD ZeroCore Power technology4 significantly reduces power consumption at idle.
- Certification on more than 100 different applications for improved performance and reliability, including the most popular design and engineering and media and entertainment applications. AMD FirePro™ professional graphics drivers are released several times each year and include performance and feature improvements.
The AMD FirePro W4300 professional graphics card is currently in production — contact local distributors for availability. Availability from major workstation OEMs is planned for 2016. For more information, contact the AMD Professional Graphics Team by email: [email protected]
For more than 45 years AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies ― the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the datacenter. Hundreds of millions of consumers, leading Fortune 500 businesses, and cutting-edge scientific research facilities around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work, and play. AMD employees around the world are focused on building great products that push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) website, blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.\PRESS RELEASE