Following last week’s successful launch of the GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, NVIDIA is releasing the new GeForce RTX 3070 Ti. Today’s new Game Ready Driver includes support for each of these new GPUs, as well as a handful of optimizations and enhancements for a variety of games.
It is Time for Ti!
This new driver adds support for the new GeForce RTX 3070 Ti, which is out now. The GeForce RTX 3070 Ti turbocharges the GeForce RTX 3070, our most popular NVIDIA Ampere Architecture graphics card. This new Ti GPU boosts performance with more CUDA Cores and our super-speed GDDR6X memory. Altogether, they enable the GeForce RTX 3070 Ti to deliver a 1.5X performance improvement versus the previous-gen GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER and a 2X improvement over the GeForce GTX 1070 Ti. It will be available on June 10 starting at US$599.
The Persistence Gets Ray Tracing and DLSS
Another important aspect of NVIDIA Game Ready drivers is that they are often used as a delivery mechanism to add new features for GeForce users. This new Game Ready driver will support NVIDIA DLSS and ray tracing in The Persistence, Firesprite’s first-person sci-fi horror shooter roguelike.
The Persistence launched last May for both desktops and virtual reality headsets. Tomorrow the game is receiving a free “Enhanced” update that introduces real-time ray-traced reflections, shadows, and global illumination, and NVIDIA DLSS to enhance performance in the desktop version of the game and adds DLSS support to the VR version of the game.
This continues the winning streak for NVIDIA DLSS and ray tracing. The Persistence is a thrilling game with VR support that has turned to NVIDIA-pioneered gaming technologies to take their performance and image quality to new heights.
More Game Ready Goodies and Upgrades
NVIDIA’s Game Ready Driver for GeForce RTX 3070 Ti and The Persistence also adds other features including:
- Support for DLSS in No Man’s Sky. DLSS boosts performance in desktop mode by up to 70% at 4K, substantially improving the smoothness and responsiveness of gameplay, giving GeForce RTX gamers a better overall experience. In VR, DLSS doubles performance at the Ultra graphics preset, maintaining 90 FPS on an Oculus Quest 2 with a GeForce RTX 3080.
- Support for Reflex in Escape From Tarkov and War Thunder. NVIDIA Reflex latency-reducing technology is now supported in 12 of the top 15 competitive shooter-based games.
- Offers the best experience for Chivalry 2, CrossFire HD, and Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2.
- The addition of GeForce Experience optimal settings for seven new games, including:
- Aim Lab
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It’s About Time
- Everspace 2
- Necromunda: Hired Gun
- Redout: Space Assault
- Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2
NVIDIA Game Ready Drivers
Available on or before launch day, NVIDIA Game Ready Drivers provide the best experience for GeForce gamers because NVIDIA engineers work up until the last possible minute to optimise performance and perfect gameplay. And as an additional verification of quality, every Game Ready Driver is WHQL-certified by Microsoft.