Data is sensitive, and Silicon Power knows that very well. That said, the company released their very own rugged storage drive in the form of the Armor A80. This USB 3.0 compliant HDD is water proof, meaning that it passed the IEC529 IPX7 test and is able to keep the drive safe even if it is submerged for around 30 minutes. The drive is also confirmed to be shock proof, as it passed the U.S. Military Drop-test standards. The Silicon Power Armor A80 is available in 500GB and 1TB flavors, with an SRP at around 3, 500 Pesos for the 1TB variant. Check out the PR below for more information:
One of the world’s leading flash manufacturers, Silicon Power announced an addition to the ultra rugged Armor series lineup, the A80. It continues the Armor series rugged functionality features to solve the problems; for instances, it is raining outside, knocking over water cups, carelessly dropping. Using Armor A80 interface USB 3.0 let you transmit huge files quicker and so on. Its hot plug and play functionality is supported by a convenient cable storage design, bringing its practicality up another level!
Armor A80 passed IEC529 IPX7 (waterproof test). The Silicon Power Armor A80 can be placed under water up to a meter deep and for up to 30 minutes without damage. It is also in compliance with US military grade transited drop test (MIL-STD-810F 516.5 procedure IV) upto 1.22 m. Under normal operations, it is also dust-proof and pressure resistant.
The Armor A80 uses the royal blue color on its base frame that is commonly found in high performance sports cars; as for A80’s performance, its outstanding read/write speed is coupled with the latest USB 3.0 interface and is backwards compatible with USB2.0. The USB 3.0 interface features a 5 Gbps/sec bandwidth, which is 10x the bandwidth of a USB 2.0 interface. It saves users precious time backing up to and from the hard drive when transferring mass data files. Come and experience speed like a high performance sports car!
In addition to its excellent read/write performances, Armor A80 portable hard drive is in compliance with USB 3.0 specifications and it also comes with seven major protection functions that are featured in the SP Widget (free download). It also comes with a 60-day trial version of Norton Internet Security (NIS). Built-in with a LED status indicator light, it shows power and data transfer statuses.
- USB 3.0 Super Speed (High transferring rate up to 5 Gbps/sec)
- Meet the water resistant standard “IEC 529 IPX7”
- Meet the U.S. military drop-test standards MIL-STD-810F 516.5 procedure IV (transit drop test) with advanced two-stage anti-shock technology
- Anti-pressure and anti-dust function
- Cable carry design
- LED indicates power on and data access
- SP Widget free download software features seven main functions to maximize your SP Portable Hard Drive
- Dimensions: 139 x 96 x 18 mm
- Weight: 270g
- Standard Compliance: USB 3.0 / 2.0
- Data Transfer Rates: Max. 5 Gbps (USB 3.0 Mode); Max. 480 Mbps (USB 2.0 Mode)
- Power Supply: DC5V (Power supplied through USB)
- Support OS: Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2000, Mac 10.4 above, Linux 2.6.31 above
- Operating Temperature: 5°C ~ 55°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C ~ 70°C
- Capacity: 1TB, 500GB
- Color: Blue
- Warranty: 3 years
Suggested Price: 1TB 3,500 php
Where to Buy: Please call SP’s distributor Banbros Commercial Inc. to point out the nearest shop from your place.
AWESOME SAUCE: Press Release