AMD announced the AMD Radeon™ RX 7000 Series Graphics for Laptops at CES 2023. Built on the groundbreaking AMD RDNA™ 3 architecture, the new GPUs are designed to deliver exceptional energy efficiency and performance to power 1080p gaming at ultra settings and advanced content creation applications on next-generation premium laptops.
The new GPUs expand the recently announced AMD Radeon RX 7000 Series Graphics family. The new AMD Radeon RX 7000M Series Graphics offer outstanding performance-per-watt while delivering state-of-the-art visuals and high-FPS gaming, while the new AMD Radeon RX 7000S Series Graphics maximize the efficiencies of AMD RDNA 3 architecture to deliver outstanding performance at low power levels ideally suited for thin and light laptops.
AMD Radeon RX 7000 Series Graphics for Laptops offer up to 32 new unified compute units, 32MB of second-generation AMD Infinity Cache™ technology, 8GB of high-speed GDDR6 memory with up to a 128-bit memory interface, as well as dedicated AI and raytracing hardware. In addition, they support AI-accelerated video encoding and hardware-accelerated AV1 encoding, AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution (FSR) and AMD Radeon Super Resolution (RSR) upscaling technologies, advanced AMD smart technologies, and other features that provide visually stunning, high-refresh rate gaming experiences.
“The new products expand our portfolio of RDNA 3 architecture-based GPUs and offer the ideal blend of performance and power efficiency to let gamers enjoy their favorite games when on the go,” said Scott Herkelman, senior vice president and general manager, Graphics Business Unit at AMD. “Modern games with increasingly life-like visuals require new levels of graphics horsepower, and we’re thrilled to offer a new family of GPUs allowing gamers to enjoy the most demanding games as they’re intended to be experienced wherever they are.”
AMD Radeon RX 7000 Series Graphics for Laptops
Combining performance, balanced power profiles and pixel-perfect visuals, AMD Radeon RX 7600M XT and Radeon RX 7600M graphics redefine laptop gaming and content creation capabilities, bringing desktop-class experiences to mobile platforms. Enabling high framerates with max settings for the latest laptop displays, AMD Radeon RX 7600M XT graphics offer 26% higher performance on average than the previous generation AMD Radeon GPUs across select titles at 1080p.
AMD Radeon RX 7700S and Radeon RX 7600S graphics redefine gaming performance for thin-and-light laptops, providing serious horsepower for the latest games and content creation projects, while operating at 100W or below. AMD Radeon RX 7700S graphics enable high-framerate gaming and 29% higher performance on average than the previous generation across select 1080p titles. Key features of the new graphics offerings include:
- AMD RDNA 3 Architecture – New compute units share resources between rendering, AI and raytracing to make the most effective use of each transistor for fast, efficient performance.
- Dedicated AI and Raytracing Acceleration – New AI accelerators and second-generation raytracing accelerators deliver incredible performance while maximizing image quality.
- High-Refresh Gaming – The new GPUs are designed to deliver maximum horsepower compared to competitive products for a fluid, high-refresh rate mobile gaming experience in the latest AAA and esports games.
- AMD Radiance Display™ Engine – Provides 12 bit-per-channel color for up to 68 billion colors and higher refresh rate displays compared to AMD RDNA 2 architecture, and includes support for DisplayPort™ 2.1.
- AV1 Encoding – Unlocks new multimedia experiences with full AV1 encode support, designed for ultra-high definition resolutions, wide color gamut, and HDR enhancements.
- AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution technology (FSR) – Now available and upcoming in 230 games, FSR boosts framerates in supported games while delivering incredible image quality.
Key specifications for the Radeon RX 7000M Series and Radeon RX 7000S Series Graphics can be found here.
AMD Advantage™ Laptops and AMD Smart Technologies
AMD Advantage-certified laptops are designed to deliver the ultimate platform for gamers and creators, offering state-of-the-art gaming experiences with new levels of performance and responsiveness. They combine AMD Radeon RX 6000M Series, Radeon RX 6000S Series, Radeon RX 7000M Series, or Radeon RX 7000S Series Graphics, AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series, Ryzen 6000 Series or Ryzen 7000 Series mobile processors, AMD Software: Adrenaline Edition™ applications, and other advanced system design characteristics.
AMD Advantage laptops also feature AMD smart technologies that amplify performance, including the new AMD SmartShift RSR technology. Expected to be available in the first half of 2023, AMD SmartShift RSR intelligently distributes rendering, upscaling, and presentation demands between APU and GPU resources to help deliver the best possible performance.
Several leading OEMs announced plans to deliver AMD Advantage Edition laptops beginning in the first half of 2023, powered by the new AMD Radeon RX 7000 Series Graphics and AMD Ryzen 7000 Series processors, including new systems by Alienware, ASUS, Emdoor and IP3.