Today, AMD’s Radeon Technologies Group will be releasing Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1. This release contains WHQL support for Windows 10 update since April 2018. The update also adds support for AMD Ryzen Desktop Processors with Radeon Vega Graphics and supports the launch of the game Ancestors Legacy.
The Microsoft PlayReady 3.0, which is a DRM similar to HDCP will also be supported on select AMD graphics products. To top it off, this driver release also contains updates to stability with new end user issue fixes.
- Windows 10 April 2018 Update
- AMD Ryzen™ Desktop Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics
- Ancestors Legacy™
- Up to 6% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 56 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1 at 1920×1080 (1080p)
- Up to 13% faster performance using Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1 on the Radeon™ RX 580 (8GB) graphics card than with Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.4.1 at 1920×1080 (1080p).2
- Microsoft PlayReady 3.0 Supported on Radeon RX 400 Series and Radeon RX 500 Series desktop graphics products.
- HBCC options may not properly reset to default when Radeon Settings “Restore Factory Defaults” option is selected.
- Destiny™2 may experience increasing load time durations when the game is run for extended periods of time.
- Tearing may be observed in some borderless fullscreen games on Radeon FreeSync enabled displays when Radeon Software performance metrics is enabled.
- Netflix™ playback through a web browser may experience corruption or hangs when using multi GPU enabled system configurations with Radeon RX 400 series or Radeon RX 500 series graphics products.
- Radeon ReLive streaming or uploading of videos to Facebook™ may intermittently fail.
RSAE 18.5.1 will be available on amd.com once it goes live.