It’s Time to Get Hyped For The ESGS 2018
Event organizer Gariath Concepts will be bringing the hype once again with this year’s Esports and Gaming Summit, co-presented by PLDT Home Fibr and Smart, happening on October 26 to 28, 2018 at the SMX Convention Center, SM Mall of Asia Compound, Pasay City.
It is going to be a three-day weekend full of action for gaming and esports, so tag along your friends and family for an epic gaming adventure.
The Big Gaming and Tech Brands continue their support
The leading brands from the gaming and tech world will return once more, showcasing their latest line of titles and products. From the tech side, Asus Republic of Gamers will feature their latest line of gaming laptops as well as making a big reveal with their highly anticipated ROG Phone. Other hardware brands such as MSI, HyperX, Predator, HP Omen, ViewSonic and Logitech will also grace the event with their own lineup of activities and event exclusive deals.
And there are still more surprises from the gaming side, with Kojima Productions making a presence in the event by selling their exclusive merchandise. Capcom will be showcasing their upcoming titles to the public, such as the Resident Evil 2 Remake and Devil May Cry 5. On the local developers’ side, Secret Six is also back for more activities with Project Xandata and Synergy 88 will promote their newest animated series project Barangay 143. More game publishers will be promoting their new and hit titles, these include Gameclub, Gumi, Gravity, Monstronauts, Most Played Games, Ranida Games, NetEase Games, GMA New Media, Valofe and more.
Experience more Esports Action
The champions have risen. After months of intense DOTA 2 and Tekken 7 action across several regions in the country, including Cebu, Bacolod, Cagayan De Oro, Laguna, and Manila, the finalists for the Road to The Nationals are set to make ESGS 2018 their battlefield. PLDT-Smart, together with ESPN 5 and RCBC, bring non-stop esports action all three days of the event with the Grand Finals for both DOTA 2 and Tekken 7.
At stake for the Grand Finals will be a total prize pool of Php1.2 million for DOTA 2 and PhP 300,000 for Tekken 7. The bigger prize is also looming above the competitors: a chance to be drafted as part of The Nationals, the country’s first franchise-based esports league.
“We are astonished by the excellent level of play that Filipino esports athletes have shown all throughout the Road to The Nationals qualifiers,” said Andrew Santos, FVP-Consumer Marketing Head for PLDT and Smart. “We are fully committed to supporting our esports athletes by providing them with opportunities from the grassroots level, all the way up to creating the first franchise-based professional league in the Philippines. PLDT and Smart are not only building esports teams for The Nationals – we are also ensuring that gamers are equipped with the best gaming experience through our PLDT Home FIBR and Smart LTE networks.”
- The Grand Finals of The Road to The Nationals will be available via livestreaming on GG Network’s Facebook page, the Sports 5 YouTube page, and live on Aksyon (Ch. 41 on UHF) on October 27 at 7PM and October 28 starting at 6PM.
- The World Electronic Sports Games will have its Philippine Finals where the top teams for DOTA2, Starcraft 2, Hearthstone, VainGlory and Counter Strike: Global Offensive will fight for the spot as Philippine representatives for the Southeast Asia finals happening at the end of 2018.
- Mobile Esports Arena will host their MESA Open where the best mobile esports players battle each other to prove who the best is. Games like Hearthstone, Mobile Legends and VainGlory will have their own respective tournaments for the entire three-day event.
- Playbook Esports will be hosting a series of fighting game tournaments at the Fighting Game Arena. Featuring different fighting game communities as they showcase their best plays and moves from popular fighting game titles. And the best part, the winners from Tekken 7, Street
- Fighter V: Arcade Edition, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Blazblue Cross Tag Battle and Dragon Ball FighterZ will represent the country at EVO Japan 2019 on February 2019 on Fukuoka, Japan.
The Local Game Developers Rule Once Again
Our local game developers will also be getting a spotlight for our home grown talents. The Game Developers Association of the Philippines continues their support with their focus on academic workshops and seminars at their GameOn area.
The independent game developers will showcase their creations at the Indie Fiesta, the Independent Game Developers Association Manila will be supporting the young and aspiring developers where attendees can get a hands on of the upcoming 40 games.
More merchandise for everyone
Fans can expect a lot of merchandise at ESGS. With the Artist Alley; attendees can check out fan arts, ask for artwork commissions and purchase other awesome works from the talented artists. There is also the merchandise area for those who want to buy some action figures, apparels and other cool trinkets. We will also have ESGS-exclusive merchandise on sale for those who want to have souvenirs of the event.
Cosplay goes Fighting Games
The annual cosplay competition is back, but with a new twist. This year, contestants will compete in their best fighting game cosplay, performing in their best moves as well, and the cosplay judges Kang Dupet, Loki Heart and Tessa will make the return to evaluate the contestants. The competition is powered by Animax Philippines and organized by Anime Alliance.