We’re going to let you into a little secret; we’re totally crazy about mobile gaming. Ever since pur first smartphones, we’ve been clicking, tapping and swiping our way through just about any game you can imagine.
We’ve been there, done that, developed grand strategies and hit leaderboards across the world. Recent years have found the team at TechPorn shifting away from puzzle and timing games and towards MMO mobile games instead.
Though they’ve been around for a few years, the best ones are only now possible thanks to the brutally powerful silicon inside the last few generations of smartphones – in fact, today’s mobile devices are millions of times more powerful than NASA’s computing power in 1969! In particular, I’ve been getting into Plarium Mobile Games library.
As something of a sucker for a good fantasy world, some of us gravitated towards Stormfall: Rise of Balur. It didn’t hurt that it was available on the App Store and Google Play Store either, thanks to our split tech allegiances!
Over time, we’ve all made some mistakes, but we’ve also learned some invaluable tips. Here’s what you need to know to help master Stormfall: Rise of Balur.
- Learn to Love the Timer: There isn’t a mobile MMO going that doesn’t make use of action timers, and Rise of Balur is no different. If you’re planning on being successful though, you’ll need to learn to love the timer and make it work for you. Personally, I recommend saving your time-heavy tasks until the evening, when you can set them going ready for you to return to the next day.
- Join a League: Lone wolf type? I wouldn’t recommend it. You’ll find that taking settlements and beacons is hard, and having help on hand is basically essential.
- Don’t Ignore Tasks: Those little messages which spring up at the left of your screen? They’re amazing at showing you the ropes in the early game, with tasks which guide and also reward you. However, once you’ve learned the game, they’re still there to help you earn easy resources. Follow the tasks and you’ll be rewarded handsomely.
- Learn the Color Coding: When you’re buying troops, you’ll find that there are two main colors: green and red. Troops with a green shield icon are primarily for defending your turf from attackers, whilst red sword icon troops are for attacking. Ideally, you should avoid utilizing attacking troops for defensive duties and vice versa, as this will largely waste your resources. When you’re under attack, send your attacking troops down to the catacombs for protection to save them from the slaughter.
- Be Brutal: It’s not nice, but fantasty worlds rarely are – go after inactive players that aren’t in Leagues. You’ll face very little chance of backlash and you’ll walk away with gold, metal and food. Get into the spirit!
- Build your Army Constantly: If you want to be successful in Stormfall, you should be building your army as much as possible every day. The more troops you’ve got, the stronger you’ll be and the easier you’ll find it to dominate the area and assist your League pals.
With these tips in mind, you’ll quickly fly up the rankings. Just don’t come for one of us!